Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Asian Man Records!


Back when I wore combat boots to go with my mohawk, I was way into hardcore and ska music (and of course, the hybrid ska-core). One of my favorite bands was Skankin' Pickle. When I heard "Onyonghasayo", a Korean ska song, I nearly lost my mind. Mike Park was a key member of the band and went on to play with The Chinkees, The Bruce Lee Band and is now performs solo gigs. His Asian Man Records is a grass roots DIY label that Mike proudly runs out of his garage. After years of telling myself, "I've got to get in touch with this guy" I finally reached out and so glad I did. Mike is a real nice guy and I'm proud to say Secret Asian Man: The Daily Days is now available at Asian Man Records! Please show your support for this talented guy and pick up a copy today! And while you're at it pick up some tunes from some great independent bands!

1 comment:

  1. A nice listen, but that's hard to understand ;-) found the below "maybe correct" lyrics on the web...apologies if not exactly correct.....(http://www.uppercutmusic.com/artist_s/skankin_pickle_lyrics/onyonghasayo_lyrics.html)

    Onyonghasayo, Onyonghasayo.
    Onyonghasayo, Hunga mumote
    Onyonghasayo, Onyonghasayo.
    Onyonghasayo, Hunga mumote

    Olika, ichyna, wigide, omani, olika, aboji, wigide, omani. Olika, omani, olika, aboji.

    (Haiku!) Gichena, (Haiku!) Wigide,
    Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye!
    Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye!

    Onyonghasayo, Onyonghasayo.
    Onyonghasayo, Hunga mumote.
    Onyonghasayo, Onyonghasayo.
    Onyonghasayo, Hunga mumote

    Hamoni, Joatah, egiea, mimota, nunah, joadah, Lah a, sizuotah. Hamani, joatah, Ae e ah, e wah tah.

    (Haiku!) Gichena, (Haiku!) Wigide,
    Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye!
    Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye!

    (Haiku!) Gichena, (Haiku!) Wigide, AYE!

    ReplyDelete