Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

R.I.P. Frank Frazetta

Not many artists can stir up as much emotion in me as Frank Frazetta. You may not know it looking at my work but Frazetta was a huge influence to me. His work reminds me of my childhood looking through issues of Warren Magazines, studying covers from Conan the Barbarian and modeling countless characters from my Dungeons and Dragons days. He was the first artist whose style I was able to identify at a glance. He was also the first artist who I thought of as a person, not just a name on a painting.

My only regret is not having had the chance to get out to the Frazetta Museum and maybe, just maybe, catch Frazetta on site and grovel at his feet like an idiot.

Mr. Frazetta, you have always inspired me and will continue to do so for years to come. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thx again! www.frazettagirls.com

    ReplyDelete