Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Common Sense SAM part 6 - the results are in.

So election day has come and gone. Here in Massachusetts a bunch of democrats won and in the rest of the country lots of Republicans won. The two sides celebrated their wins and democracy wins the day. This election year, more than a lot of the elections in the past few years, I wasn't paying much attention. To be honest I've been running around crazy between my job, watching kids and working (still!) on the new house and knew very little about most of the candidates. One thing I did know though was this year was jammed packed with nasty mudslinging campaign ads and robo calls. It's amazing that people still do that and more amazing that it seems to work. I guess we tend to believe negative things more than positive ones. There was even one saying how a candidates opponent hated puppies. Wow.

I know this strip seems to be a downer against political involvement but I don't think I'm alone in feeling this way. I respect people who have the energy and will to keep active and fight the good fight. I just had to sit this round out.

No comments:

Post a Comment