Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

So God Made an Asian

I don't normally post this early but I figured I may as well strike while the iron was hot.

This strip is a reaction to Ram Trucks' Superbowl ad based on the "So God Made a Farmer" speech by Paul Harvey. A lot of buzz going around about how it completely ignored the real demographics of farming and the hiring practices of farmers to keep costs down. But it actually made me think of ALL people who do things despite the challenges they face. Sure, farmers can be seen as good, heroic people and I'm sure a good number of them are. But Ram Trucks really missed an opportunity to include a wide range of people and fell into the comfort of nostalgia.

1 comment:

  1. It seems some people were put off by the use of the word "illegals" so I reworded it. To be honest I typed "illegals," looked at it for a minute and then decided to let it go to see how people reacted. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. Thanks. Yo, Joe!

    ReplyDelete